Weekdays, July 15 – July 26, 2019 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (grades 2-8)
The CT B.I.T. Players (Bible in Theater)
The mission of the B.I.T. Players is to acquaint young minds with stories from the Bible using the vehicles of drama, movement and music. During the process, participants will be encouraged to develop a sense of commitment, community, discipline, and self worth.
Each day will include time spent on learning music and movement for a musical production that is based on the Bible. Every effort will be made to foster each child’s personal talents, while further developing their skills.
The program will culminate with a performance that will be open to the public on July 26, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. at Trinity Lutheran Church.
WHEN: Weekdays, July 15 – July 26, 2019—9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
WHERE: Rehearsal sessions will be held at: St. John’s Episcopal Church, Essex, (7/15-22) Trinity Lutheran Church, Centerbrook, (7/23-25)
TUITION: $25.00 (Scholarships available) Participants are asked to bring their own lunches and snacks.
- CASTING: Opportunities range from beginner to advanced. To best showcase the participants, we will evaluate the following skills:
- SINGING: Participants should plan to sing a short song without instrumental accompaniment. Row, Row, Row Your Boat is acceptable.
- MOVEMENT: Participants will be asked to learn and present a combination of steps during casting appointment.
- ACTING: Participants should plan to recite and/or rap 5-10 sentences of a favorite poem or song lyrics with the expectation of repeating the selection expressing happiness, sadness, anger, and curiosity. Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star is acceptable.
- REGISTER YOUR STUDENT FOR MUSICAL THEATER VBS CAMP HERE: https://form.jotform.com/91266469129163
Interfaith Peace Potlucks!
We're very excited to offer again a chance at interfaith fellowship and learning opportunities with three potlucks over the summer at three houses of worships with three important topics. At each potluck, representatives from the Jewish, Islamic, and Christian traditions will use texts from their Holy Scriptures to speak to each topic and how it relates to that faith tradition.
You are invited to bring your family (children included!), as well as a potluck dish (vegeterian please), and any questions you might have. This is a chance for open dialogue and community building.
- Wednesday, June 19th @ 6:15pm. Congregation Beth Shalom Rodfe Zedek in Chester, CT. Topic - Pursuing Justice. ***Pastor Brett will be a speaker at this event
- Wednesday, July 17th @ 6:15pm. United Church of Chester. Topic - Children of Abraham & Sibling Rivalry
- Wednesday, August 28th @ 6:15pm. Baitul Aman House of Peace Mosque, Meriden, CT. Topic - Spiritual Practices
SATuRDAY, JUNE 13, 7:00 mM
The people who keep this place beautiful!
SATuRDAY, JUNE 15, 10:00 AM
TLC History Dive
With the help of the Historical Society, search through a donated box of documents and artifacts discovered at an estate sale and piece together some unknown history of TLC
Sunday, JUNE 16, 10:00 AM
Finance Committee Meeting
LEARN TO PRAY OUT LOUD:
Meet 5 mins early before any worship service in the robing room (next to the bathroom off the Sanctuary) to practice praying with Pastor. Pray aloud or be simply be there for prayer.
In need of prayer?
The next Trinity Book Discussion will be held on Friday, June 14th, at 7:00 p.m. at the home of Robin and Warren Kleeman, 79 Witch Hazel Drive, Deep River. We will be discussing Love Your Enemies: How Decent People Can Save America from the Culture of Contempt by Arthur C. Brooks. This book by a New York Times bestselling author offers a strategy for us in these highly partisan times to express our viewpoints without attacking others and, thereby, to bridge our differences and mend personal relationships. The book has been praised by people on both the left and the right of the political spectrum. All are invited to come to the book discussion, even if you haven't read the book. There are always drinks and nibbles, as well as great discussion and camaraderie.
Please let Robin or Warren Kleeman or Diane or Mike Macris know if you plan to attend (even if you are a regular participant) so that we will have some idea of how many will be there.
The next two books we are planning to read are The Life and Death of Mr. Badman by John Bunyan and The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne.
There will be Adult Bible Study this Sunday, June 2nd, in Fellowship Hall after the 9:00 a.m. Congregational meeting. We will be discussing Matthew 25:31-46. We may also take a few minutes to allow those who saw the musical "Godspell" last week to express their thoughts about the show, including its treatment of this passage from Matthew. All are invited to come for coffee, a light breakfast, interesting conversation and great fellowship.
Introducing Electronic Giving for Trinity, using
"ELCA Giving Tool" App
- Search and download the ELCA Giving Tool app from your mobile device or click HERE to sign up from your computer.
- Register your debit or credit card and give electronically to your congregation.
- Give one time gifts or set up automatic giving.
- The ideal giving platform for people (like me, your pastor) who are constantly forgetting to bring their checkbooks, or forget to keep up with pledging when I'm not in church on Sunday.
- "Set it and forget it" and never get behind on your giving again!